Position: Internal Audit Assistant
Heritage Christian College (HCC) is looking for a dynamic, versatile and suitably-qualified person to join the Risk Management and Internal Audit Team as an Internal Audit Assistant.
The job purpose includes, but not limited to: helping establish internal control systems, testing internal controls, monitoring compliance with institutional policies and government regulations, detection and prevention of fraud. This is to ensure that there is a fit for purpose and proactive compliance procedure which focuses on minimizing risk exposure and improving effectiveness and efficiency in conducting the business of HCC.
Duties And Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be required to assist the Head of Risk Management and Internal Audit Department, HCC, in his/her duties. He/she will also:
- Assist in preparation of Annual Audit Plan and Risk-Based Audit Programme, and ensuring their implementation.
- Contribute to conducting risk assessment of the institution or assigned department or functional area in an established timeline;
- Contribute to the establishment and operation of an efficient and effective internal control system;
- Conduct audit testing and identify reportable issues and dimension of risk;
- Determine compliance with policies and procedures;
- Identify and communicate control weaknesses and recommending solutions.
- Present findings to management through verbal communication, comprehensive and complete report of audit area;
- Be responsible for the internal audit of the accounts and financial transactions of the College.
- Be responsible for vetting all proposed expenditure to ensure compliance with laid-down internal control systems and other statutory requirements.
- Be required to monitor and ensure that all expenditure incurred has been authorized and are within budgetary provisions.
- Be responsible for liaising with External Auditors and ensure that appropriate action is taken on reported audit findings.
- Be responsible for ensuring that the College complies with all relevant statutory regulations.
- Be required to perform any other functions that the President or the Head of Department may assign from time to time.
Qualification Required and Experience
- This is an entry level position to the level of Junior Internal Auditor.
- Applicant must have a minimum of a good first degree in a relevant discipline (mainly Accounting, Auditing related) or a minimum of level 2 of the professional examinations of the Institute of Chartered Accountants (Ghana)
- Applicants should have a minimum of two years relevant experience.
- Ability to handle confidential information;
- Strong numerical and analytical skills, written/verbal communication skills, a service-oriented communicator, and a true team player;
- Excellent interpersonal, and relationship building skills;
- Computer knowledge (Microsoft Office), ability to streamline/ automate transaction processing and recording;
- Ability to adapt to change quickly and multi-task;
- Good knowledge of all statutes and regulations affecting the financial industry in Ghana
How to Apply: Qualified applicant should send their application letter and CV to the Office of the Registrar through email@example.com
Closing Date: July 18, 2019
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.