Conrad Kakraba is an Adjunct Lecturer in Communication Skills, a course taken by all students at Heritage Christian College.
He is reading a PhD in Business Administration (Communication and Media Management) from Open University of Malaysia (through Accra Institute of Technology, AIT). He holds a Master of Arts in Journalism and Mass Communication from SMU-India. He had his Bachelor of Arts degree in English with Linguistics (Hons) from the University of Ghana.
He was an Adjunct Lecturer in Communication in the Business School and Faculty of Law of the Ghana Institute of Management and Public Administration, GIMPA for 4 years. He served as a Tutorial Assistant at the English Department of the University of Ghana during his national service.
Conrad has worked with the Ghana Broadcasting Corporation (Ghana Television) as a Reporter, Newscaster, Editor, Programme Producer/Host and Commentator for 7 years. He anchored many high profile events such as the Inauguration of President Mahama, Funeral of Late President Atta Mills and Election 2012 Petition Hearing at the Supreme Court. He also covered international conferences outside Ghana. He was adjudged Ghana’s Best Journalist in Political Reporting in 2013 and was a finalist for RTP Best TV Male Newscaster for 2014/2015.
He has taught English and International programmes (GRE, GMAT, SAT, TOEFL, IELTS) at Ideal College for 11 years during which time he also served as Communication Manager and Personal Assistant to the Director.
Conrad has been the CEO of Conrado Consult (a media, public relations, public speaking training and communication consulting firm) and has consulted for different organisations and businesses.
He has received training in Biblical Studies, Evangelism and Christian Ministry from the International School of Biblical Studies, South Africa and is reading a Master’s in Divinity from Nations University, USA. He is a Leader of Evangelism at the Legon Church of Christ where he helps coordinate evangelism activities of the church. He is a Personal Development Coach, motivational speaker and an author of 3 books and has spoken at over a 100 youth, student and church programmes across Ghana.
1. Ghana Wins: Reflections on 2016 General Elections. Daily Graphic 14th Dec. 2016
2. Ongoing Doctoral Thesis: Management of Media Organisations: The Impact of Governance Structures on Operations (2015-present)
3. Unpublished Master’s Thesis: Journalistic Values of TV News: A Study of Gatekeepers (2013)
4. Unpublished Bachelor’s Long Essay: The Drumbeat of Social Woes: Amma Darko’s Novels as Social Criticism (2009)
Published Christian/Motivational Books:
1. Kakraba, C. (2012). Power for Today: An Inspirational Guide. Accra: Conrado Publishers
2. Kakraba, C. (2012). The Sex Challenge: Battling with Nature’s Most Powerful Passion. Accra: Conrado Publishers
3. Kakraba, C. (2011). Conquering Your World: Principles for Overcoming and Shinning Wherever You Are. Accra: Conrado Publishers