Nathan moved in October 2019 with his family from his family’s cattle farm in Normandy, TN (USA) to join the faculty of HCC. He holds a BA in Bible from Harding University, a MDiv from Harding School of Theology, and a Doctorate of Theology from Duke University.
His main area of study is the Old Testament. He has taught undergraduate and graduate courses at Harding University, Lipscomb University, and Abilene Christian University. He is a missional scholar with the Theological Education Initiative of United World Mission. The Bills draw support from Cedar Lane Church of Christ (Tullahoma, TN), Central Church of Christ (Little Rock, AR), and Cole Mill Road Church of Christ (Durham, NC) as well as a host of individuals. He enjoys reading, exercising, napping, and watching football/soccer with his four kids. You can reach Nathan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A Theology of Justice in Exodus. Siphrut. Eisenbrauns, 2020.
- Guest Editor, “Leading By Example: Paul and Kay Watson.” LEAVEN 24/2 (2016).
- “Response to Carroll.” Ex Auditu 29 (2013): 20-24.
- “Christian Higher Education and Mission in an Urbanizing World.” Restoration Quarterly 55 (2013): 160-73.
- “Urban Imagination in the Old Testament: A Selective Overview.” Missio Dei 3 (2012).
- “Editorial: Urbanized Mission.” Missio Dei 3 (2012).
- “Matthew 11:28-30: Jesus’ Invitation to (Rest)ored Creation.” LEAVEN 19 (2011): 80-85.
- “Exodus, the Poor, and Worship.” Missio Dei 2 (2011).
- “Reading Jesus’s Bible, by John Goldingay.” Review of Biblical Literature, 2019.
- “The Bodies of God and the World of Ancient Israel, by Benjamin Sommer.” Restoration Quarterly 55 (2013): 52-53.
- Content Editor, Missio Dei: A Journal of Missional Theology and Praxis. [online] 2009- Present.