1. Ph.D. Marketing magna cum laude Arizona State University 1994
2. M.B.A. Finance magna cum laude Oklahoma State University 1983
3. B.B.A. Management magna cum laude Harding University 1980
Education: Executive Development
1. Post-Doctoral Research Fellow, CEO Forum, Colorado Springs, Colorado, October 2012-May 2013.
2. Post-Doctoral Executive Practicum, Walmart, Bentonville, AR, April 2013.
3. Services Leadership Institute, Center for Services Leadership, Arizona State University, April 2011.
4. The Cycle of Leadership, University of Michigan, Executive Education Institute, September 2004.
5. Institute for Management and Leadership in Education, Harvard University, June 2002.
6. Price-Babson College Fellows Program for Entrepreneurship Educators, Babson College, 2001.
Primary Teaching/Research Interests
1. Strategic Marketing, Consumer Behavior, and Services Marketing
2. Service Orientation, Service Leadership, Customer Satisfaction, Service Quality
3. Leadership, Character Development
Innovative Academic Work
1. Virtues Initiative, College of Business, Wake Forest University, Winston-Salem, NC, October 2012-present.
2. AACSB Global Accreditation, envisioned and led the effort to achieve this college milestone, June 2004.
3. Leadership Summit (1999-present), a one-week, for credit, undergraduate, intensive learning experience with Fortune 100 CEO’s focusing on Christian leadership in the marketplace, home, and church.
4. Senior Blessing, College of Business Administration, ACU, 1994-2011, winner of a 1999/2000/2001 Templeton Foundation award, Exemplary Senior Year Program.
5. IMPACT 2006/2012, Global Leadership Conference w/Fortune 100 CEO’s designed to help equip Emerging Leaders with tools for success in a global marketplace, DFW Metroplex, April 2006/2012.
6. Griggs Center for Entrepreneurship and Philanthropy, co-ideation and launch, College of Business Administration, Abilene, Texas (2010).
1. Abandon the Ordinary: Building a Distinctive Leadership Brand in Business, Family, and Church, Leafwood Press, 2010.
2. Educating the Head, Heart and Hand to Support Missional Processes in Change Management, annual proceedings of the Christian Business Faculty Association, 2009.
3. Advances in Tourism Management, ed. Arch Woodside and Drew Martin, with John E. Timmerman, 2008.
4. Empowered Service Recovery, International Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Management, with John E. Timmerman, 2008.
5. Hospitality: Key to Service-Oriented Success, proceedings of the Annual Marketing Theory and Practice Conference, Panama City, FL, with John E. Timmerman, March 2007.
6. Service Orientation and Performance: An Organizational Perspective, with John E. Timmerman, Journal of Services Marketing, Volume 20 Issue 2 2006, pp.136-147.
7. Building Your PURE Customer Service Culture Handbook, Audi Academy, Audi of America, Auburn Hills, Michigan, 2005.
8. 10 Elements of Service Excellence, Texas Banking, Vol. 93, No. 6, June 2004.
9. Developing An Organizational Service Orientation Among Employees, in Managing Employee Attitudes and Behaviors in the Tourism and Hospitality Industry, with Ed Timmerman, NOVA Science Publishers, Inc., New York, April, 2003.
10. Evaluating Health Care Quality: The Moderating Role of Outcomes, with Michael Mokwa, Journal of Health Care Marketing, Vol. 12, No. 1 (March 1992), 4-14.
11. Toolkit: A Better Way to Measure Service, The Regent Business Review, Issue 4 (March 2003), Regent University © 2003, Virginia Beach, VA.
12. Service Orientation in Transitional Markets: Does it Matter?, with Monty Lynn and Samo Bobek, European Journal of Marketing: Special Issue on Services Marketing — People Issues, Vol. 34, No. 3/4 (April) 2000.
13. An Exercise in Integrating Faith with the Business Disciplines in Academics, with John E. Timmerman and Michael Winegeart, proceedings of the Christian Business Faculty Association Conference, Dallas Baptist University, Dallas, TX, October 1999.
14. Dean’s Column, Business Interface, Abilene Christian University, Abilene, TX 79699, Spring 2000/1/2.
15. The ACU College of Business Leadership Institute: An Innovative, Intensive, and Integrative Leadership Development Program, with Michael Winegeart, proceedings of the Christian Business Faculty Association, Dallas Baptist University, Dallas, TX, October 1999.
16. Serv*Or: An Organizational Measure of Service Orientation, with Peter Hom (Arizona State) and Michael Mokwa (Arizona State), Journal of Retailing, Vol. 74, No. 4, Fall 1998.
17. Service Orientation in Transitional Economies: A Survey of Middle Sized Banks in Slovenia versus the United States, with Monty Lynn and Samo Bobek, The Journal for East European Management Studies, Vol. 3, No. 4, 1998.
18. Advancing Service Quality in a Transitional Economy: The Case of ProBanka, with Monty Lynn and Samo Bobek, proceedings of the International Research Symposium on Service Quality/QUIS 6, GTE Management Development Center, Norwalk, Connecticut, July 1998.
19. Management Issues on Service Orientation in Transitional Economies: Research Findings from two Slovenian Banks, with Monty L. Lynn and Samo Bobek, proceedings of Italian Academy of Management Studies (AIDEA), Lugano, Switzerland, June 1998.
20. Service orientation in emerging markets: Does it matter? with Monty L. Lynn and Samo Bobek, proceedings of European Meeting on Cybernetics and Systems Research, Vienna, Austria, April, 1998.
21. Management Issues on Service Orientation in Transitional Economies: Research Findings from two Slovenian Banks, with Monty Lynn and Samo Bobek, Management International Review, December 1997.
22. Evaluating Service-Orientation: The Influential Role of Values and Practices, Allied Academies International Conference Proceedings, October 1996.
23. Market-Orientation, Service-Orientation, and Performance: An Organizational Culture Perspective, Allied Academies International Conference Proceedings, October 1996.
24. You Have the Power, Business Interface, ACU, College of Business, Winter, 1995-1996, p.9.
25. Evaluating Health Care Quality: The Moderating Role of Outcomes, with Michael Mokwa, First Interstate Center for Services Marketing, working paper series, 1991.
26. Including Power Perceptions in the Categorization Theory of Leadership Model, with Leslie Palich, Peter Hom, and Cindy Sutton, Proceedings of the Decision Sciences Institute, 1989.
27. Dominant Logic: A Determinant of Marketing Strategy Formulation, Proceedings of the Southwestern Doctoral Symposium, University of Houston, Fall, 1989.
28. Do You Know Where You Are Going, IMAGE, Vol. 5 – No. 1, January 1989.
29. Higher Education, IMAGE, Vol. 4 – No. 3, March 1988.