The general requirements for admission of WASSCE, SSSCE and GBCE candidates to first degree programmes are three (3) credit passes in three core subjects and three (3) credit passes in three relevant elective subjects.
- SSSCE Candidates: Credit Passes (A-D) in six (6) subjects comprising three core subjects, including English Language and Mathematics, plus three (3) relevant elective subjects.
- WASSCE Candidates: Credit Passes (A1-C6) in six (6) subjects comprising three core subjects, including English Language and Mathematics, plus three (3) relevant elective subjects.
- GBCE Candidates: Credit Passes (A-D) in six (6) subjects comprising three core subjects including English Language and Mathematics plus three (3) relevant elective subjects
Passes in three (3) subjects (at least, one of the passes should be Grade D or better). Also, the applicant must have had credit passes (Grade 6) in five GCE Ordinary Level subjects including English Language, Mathematics and a Science subject (for non-science students) and an Arts subject (for Science students).
Applicant must have graduated with a good HND certificate (i.e. at least 2nd Class Lower Division). In addition, the applicant must have acquired a 2-year post-HND qualification working experience. Other Diploma qualifications from elsewhere assessed to be equivalent to HND may be similarly considered.
Full Diploma Certificate in ABCE. Also, the applicant must have had credit passes in five (5) subjects including English Language, Mathematics, Integrated Science or Social Studies in the General Business Certificate Examination (GBCE) or Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (SSSCE) or West African Senior Secondary School Certificate Examinations (WASSCE). ABCE candidates may be considered for admission at level 200 of a degree programme.
Mature students’ entry avenues to tertiary education provide opportunities for people who could not do so earlier in their lives to further their education at the tertiary level after some years in the workplace.
- The applicant must be at least 25 years old, and show proof of age with birth certificate or any legitimate documentary proof of date of birth which is at least 5 years old at the time of application;
- The applicant must pass Mature Students’ Entrance Examinations conducted by the institution itself (English Language, Mathematics); In lieu of such examinations, the applicant should show proof of credit passes in English Language and Mathematics in WASSCE or any other nationally recognised standard High School level examinations (for qualifications from countries outside WAEC’s aegis).